Foreword by Necros
Intro by Snowman
Changes Since MC4
1. Must play in Cubic Player v1.7
for MOD/S3M, Fast Tracker v2.06 for XM, or Impulse Tracker v2.12 for IT|
2. Must be original (no remixes or remakes of other songs, including your own)
3. The only text allowed in the song file is your verified song title
We will not disqualify entries in MC5 that included sample filenames, as long
as those names don't give away who the author is. The sample names, as opposed to
the sample text, are an artifact of the tracker, not an active addition made
by the person tracking. In MC6, we will explicitly require that sample filenames be removed.
4. Uncompressed entry size must not exceed 1,000,000 bytes
5. Song may not exceed 4 minutes in playing time
We didn't clearly define this at the outset of the contest, so we altered this
rule slightly. The 4 minute rule applies to when the last note was triggered, not
necessarily when the last note stops playing. A song will not be disqualified unless it actually
hits 4:01 (i.e. a song with the last note triggered at 4:00.99 would still be allowed). Three
songs so far have been saved from disqualification because of this.
6. To be properly entered, your song must follow the specifications provided
in your entry verification
7. Entry must be uploaded and verified before 15 Jul 1997, 00:00 GMT
8. Only one song may be entered per person
9. Entry may not be publicly released until final results are posted
10. Your entry may be submitted only once. We will not update entries.
Changes to rules or deadlines of the contest (posted in the MC5 newsletter)
become the responsibility of all participants. Failure to observe such
changes is not the burden of the MC5 organizers.
|Reasons For Disqualification
1. The entry or author violates any of the rules above|
2. The author's name or handle appears anywhere in the song file
3. An entrant votes on his/her own song
4. The song is ripped
If you are disqualified you can not re-enter.
The organizers of MC5 reserve the right to disqualify a song due to